Model 400 IV Infiltration Monitor
The ivWatch Model 400 consists of the ivWatch Patient Monitor, for monitoring and notifications, a reusable sensor cable that uses visible and near-infrared light, and a disposable receptacle that is placed next to the peripheral IV to secure the sensor to the patient
If changes in the optical properties of the tissue near the PIV insertion site are consistent with an infiltration, the ivWatch monitor will provide audible and visual notifications, alerting clinicians of an infiltration event. The ivWatch Model 400 is capable of detecting infiltrations with high sensitivity in as little as 0.22 mL of IV fluid with an average detection of an infiltration at just over 3 mL of IV fluid and low false alarm frequency.
- Continuous IV monitoring alerts caregivers if conditions indicate an infiltration has occurred, minimizing the risks of IV therapy.
- Ensures that time-sensitive, life-saving drugs or fluids are being delivered through the vein as intended and helps reduce medication dosing errors.
- Device offers high sensitivity in very low volumes (as little as 0.22 mL), plus a visual/auditory alert system to help detect infiltrations.
- Compatibility with Philips Patient Monitoring Systems IntelliVue MP40-90 and MX400-800 through the IntelliBridge EC10 Interface Module or IntelliBridge EC10 integral Interface Board with Open Interface Driver (ED101) and EC5 ID Module.
- EMR integration capabilities through Philips Monitoring Systems
- Clinician tested, easy-to-use technology
- Flexible, 10-foot sensor cable permits patient mobility
- Signal processing techniques account for patient motion