NeoMedical™ 1.9 Fr x 8cm EPIV with Stylet (Catheter Only)
Neo Magic's extended dwell peripheral intravenous (EPIV) catheter is a compact single lumen silicone device designed specifically for neonatal patients in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
- Designed for short-term use (less than 30 days)
- Short single lumen silicone catheter in either 6cm or 8cm length depending on the neonate's size
- Provides continuous medication therapy, fluids, or nutrition for up to 29 days
- Provides a comparatively longer dwell time (9 days vs. 3) than a conventional PIV catheter
- No life-threatening complications or infections resulted from the use of EPIV